Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Southern Banana Pudding......

I am happy to say my monthly Tuesday night dinners are gaining momentum. Seven officers stopped by for dinner throughout the evening and one new officer knocked on my door – HOORAY! Lots of leftovers though and I’m sick of spaghetti -- but it was tasty!  I have recently stopped using jar sauce and have started making my own. I did manage to take a picture of one dessert! Very easy to make - enjoy!  

Southern Banana Pudding
2 cups cold milk
1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Banana Cream Instant Pudding/Pie filling
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping thawed
30 vanilla wafer cookies
3 bananas
Directions
1.  Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mix.  Beat with wire whisk 2  minutes. Let stand 3 minutes. Gently stir in 1-1/2  cups whipped topping.
2.  Place 10 of the cookies on bottom of a 2-quart serving bowl. Top with 1/3 of the bananas and 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers ending with pudding mixture. 
3.  Put 6-10 wafers in a Zip-Loc baggie and close (leave a small opening for air to escape), and
     take a rolling pin to crush the wafers, then sprinkle on top.
4.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Serves 8

Southern Banana Pudding
(picture shown was a double batch to serve 16)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love banana pudding! And I love that so many people make it so many different ways, and it's always delicious! Yours looks so pretty!

    You'll have to share your sauce recipe sometime. I started making my own after trying this recipe I found on another blog, and I'll never go back to store bought. Homemade is just too good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a note – this lets me know you were here. ♥